Objectives of Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre:
1. To promote scientific development in the cane and bamboo sector.
2. To provide skill upgradation and awareness to entrepreneurs, artisans, technicians, trainers and others.
3. To promote employment and income generation activities in the cane and bamboo sector.
4. To source and develop relevant technologies inside and outside the country for enhancing the cane and bamboo sector.
5. To develop the market and create market linkage for entrepreneurs and artisans in the north eastern region.
6. To liaise with premier institutions, state governments and other bodies for taking the cane and bamboo sector forward.
7. To set up documentation centre and a data bank for referral.
8. To provide consultancy services in the field of cane and bamboo.
9. To encourage and participate in any other developmental activity.
10. To create a Centre of Excellence which will promote the Cane and Bamboo Industry in the North Eastern Region.